Sorry all the pictures are out of order.
Well I am not much for writing but I will try to tell Grant's birthstory. On Wednesday April 28 I went to the doctor for my 37 week ob appointment. At this appointment I mentioned to the midwife that my hands and feet had been really itchy. Well some tests were run and they were concerned that something may be wrong with my liver. I was told to come back on Friday. Friday morning I went to my appointment and it was decided that I would be induced that night. Surprise!!! So I went in Friday at 6:30 p.m. and they inserted a pill to ripen my cervix. My body was ready to hold onto Grant for a few more weeks. At midnight I was so bored and the nurse suggested that I could get into the hydro tub. I would recommend the tub to anyone It felt like I was at a spa:-) By this point my body started into labor on its own. By 7 a.m. I was dilated to a 4 and having regular contractions that I was able to talk through so my midwife said she would start pitocin to strengthen the contractions. She started the drip on level one and we settled in for a long day. I asked if I could get in the bath again:-) before I received and epidural. After I had been in the tub for about a minute my water broke and intense contractions began. I told Michael to call my mom because things were starting to progress fast. I was ready for pain medicine and got out of the tub. When I got out of the tub I commented that I felt like I needed to go to the bathroom and my midwife told the nurse to get the room ready. We got back to the room and the doctor was ready to give me an epidural. Little did I know Grant would be born before the epidural would be able to start working. My mom walked into the room with Taylor and two pushes later Grant was born at 10:56 a.m. He was a healthy 9 pound baby boy. He is such a sweet baby and we are enjoying every minute with him. I will be posting lots of pictures of him in the next few days. enjoy
Well I am not much for writing but I will try to tell Grant's birthstory. On Wednesday April 28 I went to the doctor for my 37 week ob appointment. At this appointment I mentioned to the midwife that my hands and feet had been really itchy. Well some tests were run and they were concerned that something may be wrong with my liver. I was told to come back on Friday. Friday morning I went to my appointment and it was decided that I would be induced that night. Surprise!!! So I went in Friday at 6:30 p.m. and they inserted a pill to ripen my cervix. My body was ready to hold onto Grant for a few more weeks. At midnight I was so bored and the nurse suggested that I could get into the hydro tub. I would recommend the tub to anyone It felt like I was at a spa:-) By this point my body started into labor on its own. By 7 a.m. I was dilated to a 4 and having regular contractions that I was able to talk through so my midwife said she would start pitocin to strengthen the contractions. She started the drip on level one and we settled in for a long day. I asked if I could get in the bath again:-) before I received and epidural. After I had been in the tub for about a minute my water broke and intense contractions began. I told Michael to call my mom because things were starting to progress fast. I was ready for pain medicine and got out of the tub. When I got out of the tub I commented that I felt like I needed to go to the bathroom and my midwife told the nurse to get the room ready. We got back to the room and the doctor was ready to give me an epidural. Little did I know Grant would be born before the epidural would be able to start working. My mom walked into the room with Taylor and two pushes later Grant was born at 10:56 a.m. He was a healthy 9 pound baby boy. He is such a sweet baby and we are enjoying every minute with him. I will be posting lots of pictures of him in the next few days. enjoy

12 comments:
Congratulations! That is so exciting. Glad to hear that everything went well. I am so happy for you. You have a great looking family.
Congrats on Grant! Such a cute family. Loves!
CONGRATULATIONS MY DEAR FRIEND!!!!! You are amazing...9lbs you sure know how to grow 'um! All my love and kisses.
Wow M&M what a beautiful little baby boy! We are so happy for all of you. Congratulations :D
Congratulations.... Good to know that you are all well. Take care.
Alan & Mariela Stoddard & family
What a cutie and I love the name! CONGRATS HILLS! Glad to hear mom and baby are doing well. 9 lbs is very impressive! :)
Wow! How fun to have a new darling! Glad the labor and deliv went so well! Love you guys!
Yeah! I'm so happy that he came quickly and that you're both doing well. Good thing to didn't go three more weeks with that big baby! That photo of Owen's tongue hanging out is SO cute. Congrats!! We're thinking of you and have been enjoying all his pics!
That last post was from Wendy--guess I'm logged in under my kids' account
Hey Monica,
My mom forwarded me a link to your blog so I could see your cute little baby. Congratulations! It was fun seeing pictures of you guys.
Gundy
Wow Monica! what a story.
I can't believe you had Taylor in with you, I'm sure the bond between her and Grant is going to be stronger because of that experience.
Tons of love from this side of the world.
Congratulations! I can't believe at 3 weeks early he was 9lbs! I am hoping to have my baby soon and I will see if I can get a room with that tub! It sounds amazing! I'm glad he came out in just two pushes that must be nice!
Post a Comment