Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Match Day March 19th
For those of you who do not know what match day is. It is the wondrous day when 4th year medical students get to find out where they will be living for the next few years. Michael will be doing a 5 year residency in Surgery. The pin marks on the map are places we have applied for residency. Over the past few months Michael has been traveling the country looking at different programs. We turn in a list of our top 10 programs the end of February. We are still not sure of the order but here are some of our favorites (this week).
Salt lake
Temple Texas
Lebanon New Hampshire
UW and Swedish (Seattle)
Wake Forest
Roanoke Virginia
Norfolk Virginia
Kentucky
Portland Maine
Vermont
Richmond Virginia
That's all I can remember off the top of my head. This is an exciting process and we have enjoyed the journey. We are just waiting to see where our next adventure will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I am so excited for you guys. They all sound like fun places to be. Secretly I am shooting for Salt Lake. I am so happy for you. Good luck with the selection process.
Either Salt Lake or Texas is what I'm crossing my fingers for :)
Kentucky is so pretty! Carrie went to Grad school at the UofK. It was so green and pretty there. I'm sure where ever you end up will be the right place for the family! p.s. cute kids!
I hope you get your top choice!
How very exciting! I hope you get your #1 choice.
Ooh ooh! Pick England! :) Can't wait to find out where you are headed!
That is a LOT of pins! My goodness, you guys were really busy during interview season, weren't you! Best of luck--and we'll see you on Match Day!
Post a Comment